Sunday, June 23, 2013

Five Minute Fix: Coffee Table Organizer



{Before}
{After}

 I don't think any home is complete without a coffee table. A coffee table is one of those staple furniture pieces that has the ability to tie a room together. But these very loved and used pieces sometimes become cluttered with odds and ends. In my house, the coffee table is always filled with scrapbooks, magazines, coasters, playing cards and other random items. Although this clutter gives a home a "lived in" feel it just looks messy! So here is a quick five minute fix for a messy coffee table...
           
First, decide what you need and don't need on your coffee table. Are those mother's day cards from a month ago really necessary? Are the poker chips a must? If the answer is no, its time to find a new home for these unneeded items. If the answer is yes, it is time to ORGANIZE!

For my coffee table I found a wicker basket tray from Pottery Barn for around 70$ {I'm sure you can find cheaper ones at Home Goods or other furniture stores}. I put the tray on the table how I wanted it and neatly stacked the needed items on it. Scrapbooks and magazines were together, playing cards and poker chips were together and coasters where stacked together. 

And Voila! You have a nice and neat coffee table that took you five minutes to organize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment