Thursday, August 1, 2013

Monogram Wall Art

While decorating my apartment I knew I wanted a majority of the artwork to either be made by myself or to be personal. I'm not someone who really understands abstract oil paintings much, but I am the kind of person who loves pictures of all my friends and family {who doesn't?}!
A few weeks ago I printed 30 Instagram posts from a company online and created framed wall art that is going to look great on my walls {blog post coming soon} and remind me of all my friends and family while away at school.
Above my upholstered headboard I needed another piece of art that was about 20 inches by 30 inches, wasn't more photos {but still had a personal element}, and made a statement in the room. This is what I came up with: 

I found a shop on etsy that stamps out monograms of all sizes. I decided to order one from League of Letters for only $16.75. After lots of thinking I decided to order it and mount it on a canvas 20 x 30 inches. 

I am always nervous to order from somewhere like etsy but I was happy to find that they created a great product in only about 10 days. 


First we sanded the monogram to make sure there were no raw edges. Next we coated it with spray paint primer and sanded it again. I then painted the wooden monogram the color my walls will be in my apartment and mounted it onto a white canvas to create contrast. 

Here are some of the final pics! Stay tuned to see this personalize statement piece on my walls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment