Saturday, April 5, 2014

Macaroons

Happy Sunday! 

If any of y'all saw our instagram post this is what we told you to stay tuned for! While in Paris during Christmas, I was impressed by all the little french pastry shops and I prommmmised myself I would look into attempting to bake some of the things I saw! 

So here is one of my attempts: Macaroons.

 I have been working on the recipe awhile to perfect it and I think I have finally done it {all my friends have loved getting the macaroons for lunch!}.

 So here is my recipe for yummy yummmy macaroons!

Ingredients:
Icing Sugar 1/2 Cup
Almond Flour 6 tbsp + 2 2/3 tsp
Egg White 1
Granulated Sugar 4 1/4 tsp
Frosting {your choice!}

Method:

1. Beat the egg white stiff. A stiff egg white means that when you hold the bowl upside down, the egg while will not fall out. {pretty cool! it almost looks like icing}

2. Add granulated sugar and beat again until stiff and glossy. {basically till the sugar is all the way mixed in}

3. Add almond flour and icing sugar and beat again

4. Preheat the oven to 280 degrees F.

5. Pipe small circles of the dough onto parchment paper and let sit for 30 minutes {the tops will be crusted slightly} {sometimes I just skip the sitting, it doesn't really matter that much!}

6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the tops of the macaroons bounce up when touched lightly with a fork

7. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes before pealing off the parchment paper

8. Once cooled, frost with frosting. Fill each cookie with frosting and then sandwich with other cookie.

Some people like to add food coloring to the dough and it always adds a nice touch in my opinion. 

SO go get your French on and go make some delicious macaroons! :) mmmmmmmm so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment